The 11th Annual Southern Hotwing Festival will be held on April 27th, 2013. As in years past the event will again pack the street with the sweet smell of hot wings, gregarious participants and terrific music. Our move to the new Riverside location last year was met with a tremendously positive response and consequently we were able to make our largest donation ever to the Ronald McDonald House in 2012. We expect a bigger and better event in 2013.
WHEN:) Date: April 27th, 2013 Rain Date: April 28th, 2013
TIMES:) 11 am to 6pm
Where is it Located?
The festival will be located just south of the Tennessee Visitors Center on Riverside Drive between Jefferson and Union Avenue. Jefferson Davis Park (Jefferson and Riverside) will provide lots of green space to relax and enjoy some great music while you feast on your wings.
Admission and Ticketing?
This is non profit event and anything we make after expenses will be donated to the Ronald McDonald House of Memphis. To date this event has generated more than $100,000 in financial support for this worthy organization . The small admission charge allows us to help the many families who stay at the house while their children undergo treatment at St. Jude.
Ticket Pricing / Packages
- Advanced Tickets – $7.50
- Regular Ticket Price/Adult: $10.00
- Children under the age of 12 are admitted for free.
Where to get your tickets?
Advanced Tickets are Available for purchase at any Memphis MAPCO station. Alternatively, you may also directly purchase your tickets from the Ronald McDonald House at 585 Alabama. These tickets are available at a discounted rate.
Online Tickets: Tickets may be purchased at regular ticket price (10.00) plus a small added online payment fee for the convenience. (This option is not available this year).
At the Gate (Time of Event): You may purchase tickets directly at the gate at the time of the event at the regular ticket price (10.00).
Ticket Refunds Policy
Please contact us directly for assistance. Please also remember before contacting us that your ticket purchase is a donation to the Ronald McDonald House charities of Memphis who would greatly appreciate your support. (This policy is subject to change at the discretion of the event organizers).
There are 5 parking garages located just one block east of the festival grounds along Front Street. All are within easy walking distance. Otherwise there is ample free parking in and around the downtown area.
Limited handicap parking will be available on Court.
Conditions of Entry
Entry to our event is subject to the following terms – By entering the event area, every visitor accepts these terms and conditions.
- The right of admission is reserved. In particular, we reserve the right to refuse entry to, or to remove from, the festival confines any person or person(s) who are drunk or disorderly or whose conduct is unlawful or offensive or who is not entitled to attend the event. Any person who causes a disturbance or who refuses to comply with reasonable requests management or security staff may be removed from the event grounds without the right of refund.
- By entering the event area you consent to being filmed/photographed and you waive all rights in relation to any photograph, image or likeness produced while attending the event. Southern Hot Wing Festival retains all property rights for all images/films it produces.
- In case of emergency patrons must follow instructions of police and security personnel.
- Patrons may not wear or display offensive signage or logos, sell any goods or services or give away political, religious, advertising or promotional materials without the prior written approval of management.
- Patrons who are, in the opinion of management, offensively attired or whose attire may cause a hazard or compromise safety may also be refused entry to the event.
- Bags and other items may be subject to inspection and patrons may be searched. Patrons who refuse inspections or searches may be denied entry to the event.
- Items which, in the opinion of management, have the potential to cause injury or a nuisance or inconvenience to any other patron will not be permitted onto the grounds. These include controlled, dangerous or illegal substances, bottles, flares, fireworks, laser pointers, loud hailers, horns, vuvuzelas and weapons of any description and any other items considered by event management to have the potential to cause injury or a nuisance or inconvenience to any other person.
- Alcoholic beverages must not be brought on to or taken out of the festival confines.
- It is against the law for minors to purchase or consume alcohol or for any person to supply alcohol to minors. All patrons who wish to purchase alcohol will be required to present valid proof of age. Any person observed supplying alcohol to a minor will be ejected from the event without right of refund.
- Patrons are not permitted to bring food or beverage products purchased at commercial outlets outside the the event grounds. Patrons will be advised to dispose of such items or will have the items confiscated prior to entering the event. This does not apply to food or beverages for patrons with special dietary requirements, provided that such food or beverages are not packaged in prohibited containers. Coolers will not be permitted.
- Management has taken reasonable precautions to assure the safety of all patrons. However, persons entering this event do so at their own risk. and agree to hold the City of Memphis, the Riverfront Developement Corp, Experience Art Memphis and their agents hamless for any injury, loss or damage caused by an act, omission or negligence including property damage, personal injury, economic and consequential loss however it arises within the confines of the event. Patrons bring personal effects onto the premises at their own risk.
- Patrons with tickets purchased at a concessional price must have available on entry original documents justifying such concession. Copies will not be acceptable.
- Patrons may not be admitted if their tickets are damaged or defaced or their tickets have not been purchased from an authorised ticket agent.
- Persons under the age of 12 must be under the direct supervision of an adult at all times. We reserve the right to refuse entry to, or to remove from, the festival grounds or to refer to the police any persons under the age of 12 who are without adult supervision.
- The event may be cancelled, delayed or stopped due to dangerous situations or for any other cause beyond management’s control. Patrons may not make a claim to management for a replacement ticket in such an event. If the event is rescheduled a rain check will be issued.
- Patrons may not bring pets of any kind onto the festival gounds. This is mandated by Shelby County Health Department regulation. (An exception will be granted for service animals.)
Your cooperation in adhering to the terms of entry is appreciated and will make the event and enjoyable experience for all.
Inclement Weather Information
OFFICIAL RAIN DATE: April 28th, 2013
Official announcements regarding inclement weather will be made through our website and through our Twitter account 24 hours in advance of the event.
Does it Cost anything to try the wings?
Most teams will allow you to sample some of their competition wings in return for a $1 donation to the Ronald McDonald House. This will usually get you 1-2 wings. (Subject to change). (The team which raises the largest amount in donations has the potential to earn the Peoples Choice Award. ) Please help them out by sampling early and often
There will also be a number of other various (non-hotwing) food vendors located on the festival grounds where you can purchase food and beverages during the event. Pricing is vendor specific.